Launched in 2020, the award is open to all public and private European museums and art centres. Its goal is to encourage initiatives that are designed to reach new audiences.
This year, three €50,000 prizes and one €10,000 audience choice prize will be awarded to boost projects designed to reach wider audiences: digital innovations, off-site activities, inclusion of people with disabilities, new mediation methods, cultural awareness for young people, etc.
Applicants are invited to apply in one of the following three categories, based on their establishment’s patronage in 2019:
- Category 1 : Institutions receiving fewer than 100,000 visitors per year
- Category 2 : Institutions receiving between 100,000 and 500,000 visitors per year
- Category 3 : Institutions receiving over 500,000 visitors per year
- Diane Drubay, founder of We Are Museums
- Tatyana Franck, Director, Elysée Museum, Member of the board PLATEFORME 10
- Adrien Goetz, Doctor in Art History and Academician
- Fabrice Hyber, artist and Academician
- Frédéric Jousset, president of Art Explora
- Catherine Meurisse,comic book author and Academician
- Laurent Petitgirard, Permanent Secretary of the Académie des beaux-arts
- Anna Somers Cocks, journalist, founder of The Artnewspaper
- Marie-Cécile Zinsou, president of the Foundation Zinsou
- Applications: from May 17th to October 1st 2021
- Jury meeting: November 2021
- Award Ceremony: December 2021
The Art Explora – Académie des beaux-arts Award also acts as a platform for exchanging and sharing good ideas in order to unite institutions committed to sharing culture with as many people as possible.